Today we will use our senses of sight, smell, and touch to explore one of spring's most anticipated arrivals: flowers! The task is simple - grab a pen and use the scavenger hunt below to search your neighborhood, park, or yard for some of spring's first flowers.
- Writing utensil
- Scavenger hunt card (attached as PDFs at bottom of article for printing)
Optional Discussion Questions:
- If you gently touch the flower, how do its petals feel? Are parts of it smooth or rough?
- How many different colors of flowers can you find?
- How would you describe the shape of the petals?
- Why are most flowers a vibrant color?
- What do you notice about the environment that this flower grows in? Is it sunny or shady? Grassy or rocky?
- What flower was your favorite and why?