Thank you for your interest in our education programs. This time of year things start happening quickly, so we will keep this page updated as opportunities go live.
Registration will open at 6pm on Wednesday, February 1st
Registration for February and April Vacation Camps, as well as Summer Day camps will be through our third-party registration portal CampDoc.
This is our camp registration link for this year: http://app.campdoc.com/register/audubon/greenmountain
- You will not be able to register for any of our programs until 6pm EST on February 1, 2023.
- You can click the link to set up your profile, add campers to your account, etc
- If you registered for camp (or were waitlisted) between 2020 and now, please use the same CampDoc log-in information. It will have your camper's information already saved and will prevent creating duplicate accounts.
- If you need help registering, Here are the Instructions on how to register with our specific link. CampDoc also has support pages if you need help with the registration website.
Where can I find information about your camps?
Our summer camp page is full of information about both our preschool and ecology day camps. Take a look to find information about prices, view the brochure, and head to our Camp Information FAQ page for answers to common questions.
Our vacation camp page has descriptions and dates for February and April vacation camps. These camps are designed as individual days so families can pick and choose the dates/topics that they prefer OR sign up for the whole week!
Do you offer scholarships?
We do! We encourage you to consider your personal finances and what you need, as we accept applications asking for any amount. The sooner you apply the better. Apply now for a scholarship to camp.
Support our education programs. Do you come from a place of financial privilege and want to be a patron of the education programs at the Green Mountain Audubon Center? You can mail your donations to the Green Mountain Audubon Center, Attn: Emily Kaplita at 255 Sherman Hollow Rd, Huntington VT 05462. Make checks payable to Audubon Vermont and on the memo line please write “Center Gift”.
What is your refund/cancellation policy?
- If Audubon cancels a camp we will provide full refunds of payment or you will have the opportunity to donate your funds to Audubon Vermont.
- If you need to cancel, please submit a cancellation request through CampDoc. We will refund you as follows:
- Cancellation requests made by March 31st will receive a full refund less a $30 administrative fee per week of camp being cancelled.
- Cancellation requests made at least 2 weeks before the first day of your registered camp will receive a 40% refund per camp, not including the 30% deposit paid to secure your spot. Ex: If camp is $300 for the week, your non-refundable deposit is $90 and your refund is $84.
- Cancellation requests made less than 2 weeks before the first day of your registered camp week will receive a 20% refund per camp, not including the 30% deposit paid to secure your spot. Ex: If camp is $300 for the week, your non-refundable deposit is $90 and your refund is $42.
- Please call Debbie Archer (802-434-3068x13) to discuss refunds and cancellations in the case of severe illness, injury, or family emergency.
Is anything new or different for 2023?
- February and April Vacation camp registration will be through our CampDoc Portal
- Registration limits. In an effort to see as many families as possible, we are limiting the number of weeks a camper can be registered this summer. For the first 2 weeks registration is open (Feb 1-Feb 14) you may only enroll in 4 weeks of summer camp for any individual camper (excludes vacation camps). If you enroll in more than 4 weeks of camp during that 2 week window, we will add you to the waitlist for those additional camps, RANDOMLY. If camps are full, you may register to be on the waitlist for as many weeks as you'd like. Starting Feb 15th, you may enroll in more than 4 weeks if there are unfilled camps.
You will not be able to add your camper to a waitlist until that camp has filled. Please contact Debbie Archer or Emily Kaplita at 802-434-3068 to add your camper to the waitlist if the camp is not yet full.
- We offer a limited number of half-day camp spaces at Preschool Nature Camp. Half-day camp runs from 9am-12pm. This is a great option for 3 year old campers or for those kiddos who have not attended a drop off program before. To book (and recieve the reduced price for half-day) you will need to enter a unique promo code for each week of camp. If the code is not accepted, the half-day camp limit has been reached. If you forget to enter the promo code, please call our office, Debbie Archer or Emily Kaplita can help. 802-434-3068
- Camp Start Date 6/20, code: HALFDAY1
- Camp Start Date 6/26, code: HALFDAY2
- Camp Start Date 7/3, code: HALFDAY3
- Camp Start Date 7/10, code: HALFDAY4
- Camp Start Date 7/17, code: HALFDAY5
- Camp Start Date 7/24, code: HALFDAY6
- Camp Start Date 7/31, code: HALFDAY7
- Camp Start Date 8/7, code: HALFDAY8
- Camp balances must either be paid in full or have an established payment plan by June 1 --which is the same day that forms are due! We reserve the right to move you to the waitlist and fill your spot with another camper if you have an unplanned balance after this date. If you register for camp after June 1st, camp must be paid in full (or have a payment plan established) two weeks before the first day of the program. Setting up a payment plan is easy! Call our office and speak to Debbie Archer, Education Manager at 802-434-3068.
- We are offering PRE-care at our program again this year. This means you will be able to drop off your camper as early as 8:15am! Full day programs end at 4:00pm
Vaccines: Starting with the summer of 2022
Starting with the summer of 2022, Audubon requires all campers and camp staff to have completed the age-appropriate vaccine schedule recommended by the Center for Disease Control (CDC) and to submit proof in the form of a current immunization record prior to participating in any camp activity. https://www.cdc.gov/vaccines/vpd/vaccines-age.html
** Please note: Our local schools are not yet requiring COVID vaccination for school registration, so we are not requiring the COVID vaccine for registration either. However, the VT Dept of Health states that:
"Vaccines are the best tool to help slow the spread of COVID-19. Vaccines help your body fight off the virus. When you are vaccinated you are much less likely to get sick and less likely to transmit the virus to others. Anyone who is not vaccinated is still vulnerable to experiencing the worst of COVID-19 and can continue spreading the virus. The more people who get vaccinated the more protected we all are against COVID-19. "
Those campers who are able to be vaccinated against COVID will help protect our immunocompromised campers and camp staff.
Anyone with a medical exemption to immunizations must submit documentation sufficiently in advance of the camp start date from a Physician (MD or DO) or a Pediatric/Family Practice Advanced Practice Nurse (ARNP or PNP) that describes the reason for the exemption. We will also accept the state's waivers for families with religious or medical exemptions. In those instances, you will upload your signed waiver into your camper's profile.
More information on vaccinations can be found from the Department of Health.