If you missed our latest event in the Ask A Naturalist series, fear not! Below is the recording and some resources for you, especially if you are interested in participating in the Great Backyard Bird Count, have questions about feeder styles and seed types, or wondering what you might be seeing at your feeder right now.
This series is a collaboration between Audubon Vermont, Birds of Vermont Museum, and the Vermont Reptile and Amphibian Atlas. If you are able, please consider donating to one or more of our organizations to keep programing like this free for all. The VT Herp Atlas is having their annual fundraiser right now!
Ask A Naturalist Feb 2, 2021
- How do I submit data for the Great Backyard Bird Count?
- Find all resources related to the Great Backyard Bird Count www.birdcount.org
- Planning your garden or landscaping? Consider native plants that attract birds, insects, and butterflies:
- Looking for information on Winter Finches? https://weirs.com/the-2020-21-winter-finch-forecast/
- Audubon has a digital field guide: https://www.audubon.org/field-guide
- No birds at your feeder? Check out the amazing set up and feeder cam at the Birds of Vermont Museum. If you need inspiration on a bird feeder and want to see different styles, check it out: https://birdsofvermont.org/birds/through-the-window/
- Avoiding plastic and/or need a kid-frienldy craft? Try making your own suet! https://www.audubon.org/news/make-your-own-suet