AUDUBON CENTER OFFICE: The Audubon Vermont/Green Mountain Audubon Center office is open to the public Monday-Friday from 8 am to noon. Restrooms are available at the office building as well as the most recent copy of the award winning Audubon Magazine. You may also purchase delicious maple syrup made at our Audubon Center in our Bird-Friendly sugarbush!
AUDUBON EDUCATION PROGRAMS: We are thrilled to be offering a variety of in-person and virtual programming. Our summer day camps are being offered this summer! Please visit our events page to learn more about our public program offerings. We hope to see you soon.
AUDUBON TRAILS: The Green Mountain Audubon Center’s trails and grounds remain open from dawn until dusk. We encourage you to come visit our outdoor spaces and enjoy fresh air and nature—bring along your kids and walk the trails. Find our trail map here.
As we all continue to take responsibility to slow the spread of COVID-19 please use these guidelines to keep us all safe:
- Stay at least 6 ft. from each other ESPECIALLY when passing each other on the trails. Consider stepping aside to let the other pass at a safe distance.
- Wear a Cloth Mask or Face Covering: Any time you know others may be present, you should have your mask on, even while walking on the trails. Keeping it at the ready is ok if you can quickly and safely pull it up over your nose and mouth, doing this well before you come within six feet of others.
- Go out only if you’re feeling healthy.
- Wash hands often with soap and warm water for 20 seconds. If those aren’t available, use a hand sanitizer containing at least 60% alcohol.
- Avoid surfaces that are touched often, such as handrails.
- Do NOT share binoculars.
- Please leash your dog! They are members of your household and need to keep their social distance as well (and most standard leashes are 6 feet in length).
- Engage in low-risk activities: now is not the time to try something extreme and end up in the hospital, taxing an already overburdened health care system.
- There is NO cell phone service at the Green Mountain Audubon Center; please keep this in mind as you safely enjoy our trails.
- For additional information about staying safe while enjoying the outdoors, visit the State of Vermont's website.
- For further guidance about Vermont trail closures and COVID-19 safety in Vermont consult here.