Do you want to help protect birds and their habitat? Looking for a unique gift? With our Adopt-a-Maple program you can support Audubon Vermont’s Bird-Friendly Maple Project as well as our Bird-Friendly Maple Education Programming. Maple sugarbushes are inherently good for birds, but forests that are intentionally managed with birds in mind are even better!
For $75, your name (or the name you designate) will be attached to a maple sap bucket for the 2017 maple sugaring season. You will also receive a "sweet" bundle of products from Audubon Vermont:
- Custom maple name plaque attached to a sap bucket in Audubon's Bird-Friendly Sugarbush
- Adopt-a Maple recognition in our Sugarhouse
- One pint of Audubon Vermont's maple syrup (available for pick up at the Green Mountain Audubon Center)
- One Family-sized Sugar-on-Snow bowl, redeemable at 2017 Sugar on Snow Parties
- One-year Family Membership to Audubon Vermont
- One-year subscription to the award-winning Audubon Magazine
- Discounted admission to Audubon Vermont Events including summer and vacation day camps and public programs for adults, families, and preschoolers
While maple syrup can look and taste the same, it can come from forests that are managed in dramatically different ways. Park-like maple monocultures may appeal to our tidy aesthetic and increase sap production over the short-term, but they support relatively low numbers of birds and bird species. In contrast, biologically and structurally diverse sugarbushes offer great places for birds to forage, find cover, and raise their young. They are also likely to have better long-term sap production, fewer forest health problems, and be better able to adapt to the stresses of climate change. Learn more...
The fine print:
- Sugar-on-Snow coupon is transferrable - share it with a friend!
- One pint of maple syrup is valued at $12
- Sugar-on-Snow is valued at $5
- Adopt-a-Bucket sponsors will receive a tax receipt for a $58 donation