Preschool Nature Camp offers a morning half-day or full-day of outdoor play and exploration to campers 3 to 5 years old at our education barn at 255 Sherman Hollow Road. Our time is filled with stories, nature walks, puppet shows, games, and full-sensory immersion in the natural world. View the 2019 brochure here.
Looking for camps for someone older? View Ecology Day Camp here.
Preschoolers can join us for either a full day or half day at camp:
Half Day: mornings 9am-12pm, bring a snack but no lunch break
Full Day: campers join us from 9am-4pm. We take a 1 hour hibernation break at noon when our half-day friends leave to sit in the shade, eat lunch, and take advantage of quiet activities.
Aftercare Available: 4:00pm - 5:00pm, $6/day for preschoolers enrolled in a full day camp. Add it to your cart at check-out!We will charge an additional $1/minute for late pick-up. (We are human too and understand that things happen that could cause you to be late. We reserve the right to charge this fee if caregivers arrive late more than once.)
Members, dont forget to enter promo code BLBW2019 to get your discount!
Tshirts: And Under "Add-ons" select a tshirt size or your camper will get a default youth small.
2019 Preschool Camp Calendar
|2019 Dates||Session||Camp Theme & Link|
Full Day: 9am-4pm
|July 15-19||Full Day ONLY: 9am-4pm||The Chickadee Tree|
|July 22-26||Full Day: 9am-4pm
|Fairy Houses & Gnome Homes|
|July 29- August 2||Full Day: 9am-4pm
|August 5-9||Full Day: 9am-4pm
|Creepers & Crawlers|
|August 12-16||Full Day: 9am-4pm
|At Home in a Habitat|
Many camp sessions fill up quickly. Sign Up for email updates to learn about other Audubon education opportunities and to receive Summer Camp updates.
The early bird gets the worm! Audubon members can register Jan 18, 2019 - Jan 31, 2019 and save 10%! See details below.
Looking for ways to make camp more affordable? Here are some options:
Audubon Members can still save 5% on their camp registration while camps remain available starting February 1st. Enter code BLBW2019 at check out.
Become an Audubon Member online now (Choose "Family Membership").
We have scholarships available. To apply, please download the Scholarship Application and return to the Summer Camp Director BEFORE YOU REGISTER and as soon as possible. We try to give out as many partial scholarships as possible to make sure that everyone has access to the outdoors.
Preschool Camp Details
- Campers must be potty trained by their first day of camp
- A gear list will be emailed to the email address we have on file
- A note on age. If your child is 6 but has not yet entered Kindergarten and you don't think they are ready for ecology camp, you are welcome to sign-up for preschool nature camp. Likewise, if your 5 year old has been to Audubon camp before and is ready to move up to Ecology Camp we have a week just for campers aged 6-8 that might be a good fit. Speak to either our Summer Camp Director or Assistant Director for more information.
- What does a typical day at camp look like?
Our camp week will be filled with games, crafts, stories, songs, puppet shows, and lots of exploration and play. Our daily schedule goes something like this:
9:00 – Sign-in and playtime outside the Education Barn (with crafts, coloring, books and toys)
9:15 – Opening circle and game
9:30 – Introduction to the day (morning meeting, welcome song/game, puppet show or story)
10:00 – Snack then Morning adventure: We might build fairy houses in Hemlock Swamp, follow a gnome trail to a magical part of the forest, or gather materials to make fairy crowns. It’s different every day!
Noon – Lunch time for our full-day campers; pick-up for our half-day campers
12:30 – Hibernation. Our time to take a break and rest our bodies with quiet activities
1:00 – Game and bathroom break
1:40 – Hike to our activity location for the afternoon
2:00 – Afternoon snack and story time
2:20 – Afternoon adventure: more sleuthing! Each day will bring something new.
3:45 – Closing circle back at Education Barn
4:00 – Pick-up time. Aftercare begins
5:00 - Aftercare ends
Open House. On Fridays, we will host a closing circle beginning at 3:30 p.m. Friends and family members are invited to join us. This gives your camper(s) the opportunity to share their experience at camp with you. We strongly encourage you to participate in this closing event. Please note that this is the same time but a different location than our closing circle for Ecology Day Camp. You are welcome to bring your preschooler down to ecology camp for the closing circle with them or vice versa.
To REGISTER FOR SUMMER CAMP:
- Review our registration instructions packet. (Includes a link to online CamperReg registration website.)
- Apply for scholarships before using the online portal.
- Apply and pay online. Please enter information as accurately as possible as this is how we will contact you in the future.
- Your registration is not complete until you have submitted your camper release form—which requires a doctor’s signature. Your child will not be able to participate without this on file. Download the form here.