Due to the predicted rain and wind in the forecast for the next few days, all of our trails will remain closed to the public. Hung-up tree tangles are in numerous locations, which will be particularly dangerous in the wind and rain.
We made some great progress working to clear the trails yesterday (see photos and videos below) - thanks for the help! We will keep working to clear the trails in the next few days. A crew from Shelburne Farms will be coming on Thursday and will bring heavy equipment and chainsaws. Thank you, Shelburne Farms! We hope to have most of our trails open by this weekend. Check our News page or Facebook page for the latest updates.
Limbwalker Tree Service will be working to remove the locust tree from the Audubon Vermont office building today. A huge thank-you to Limbwalker for your work today! The office will be closed while the work is being done. We will re-assess damage to the building once the tree is removed and will open the office as soon as possible.
All trails at the Green Mountain Audubon Center and the Audubon Vermont office building will remain closed until further notice.
How you can help:
- Please stay off the trails until they are open. Check our News page or Facebook page for the latest updates.
- Make a donation to support the Green Mountain Audubon Center as we work together to repair our buildings and trails after the wind storm. Click here to donate.
- When the trails are open again, lend a hand.
- As you walk the trails, if you see small branches please move them to the side of the trail.
- If you find a tree blocking a trail that has re-opened please let us know so we can remove it. Email email@example.com to let us know the location and what you find.