What will your legacy be?
Support the birds that you have cared about throughout your lifetime, beyond your lifetime. Help protect birds for future generations by including a legacy gift to Audubon Vermont or one of its programs, such as the Green Mountain Audubon Center.
Leaving a gift to Audubon Vermont in your will or trust, by beneficiary designation, or another form of planned gift can make a lasting difference to our work. Many gifts cost you nothing now, there is no minimum contribution, and you are not locked into a decision you make today.
There are many ways to make a legacy gift, including:
- Naming Audubon Vermont or one of its programs in your will or living trust.
- Designating Audubon Vermont as a beneficiary or partial beneficiary of an IRA. This strategy may have important tax benefits for your heirs and your estate. Please see our information sheet for guidance on beneficiary designation.
- Naming Audubon Vermont a beneficiary or partial beneficiary of other brokerage or bank accounts, donor-advised fund, or life insurance policy.
- Setting up a charitable trust or gift annuity to provide lifetime income for yourself or members of your family now, and a future gift to Audubon Vermont. Please contact us to discuss these options.
If you are interested in updating your will or adding a codicil to include Audubon Vermont as a beneficiary, please consult with your attorney. The following sample paragraph may be helpful:
- I bequeath __________ (dollar amount or % of estate) to the National Audubon Society, Inc., a not-for-profit organization, with its principal offices located at 225 Varick Street, 7th Floor, New York, NY 10014. Tax ID # 13-1624102. This gift should be directed to and used for programs in the state of Vermont.
Ready to take the next step?
- Contact us for additional information or for assistance in determining which type of gift may be right for you.
- Tell us about your gift! Members of our Grinnell Legacy Society enjoy a variety of benefits, including uninterrupted service to Audubon magazine and reduced paper mail. Information you provide is not legally binding, and we honor all requests for anonymity.
Shari Kolding, CAP®, Director of Gift Planning
212.979.3033 – firstname.lastname@example.org
Amy Simmons, Director Individual Giving
David Mears, Executive Director, Audubon Vermont