Thank you for a spectacular Tree Planting Day!
Over 120 volunteers showed up to lend a hand at our Plants for Birds wetland restoration at Oakledge Park this weekend.
A special thank-you to our partner, Burlington Parks, Recreation & Waterfront for your expertise, enthusiasm, and people-power. Looking forward to more Plants for Birds project together.
Thank you to:
• Intervale Conservation Nursery - For growing native, locally sourced trees and shrubs for our bird-friendly Wetland Restoration planting.
• City Market - For offering member-worker credit hours for volunteers at the Tree Planting.
• King Street Center - For inviting families and mentors to join us.
• Champlain Elementary PTO - For helping us spread the word.
• Burlington High School National Honor Society students - For lending a hand.
• The Intervale Center for sharing our event with their members.
• Burlington High School- For offering BHS students Community Service Hour credit for volunteering
• UVM Master Gardener Program - For providing members to offer education on proper planting technique and the importance of using native plant species for birds, pollinators and other wildlife.
• Branch Out Burlington for mobilizing tree-planting expert volunteers.
• SOB Kickball - For providing people-power.
Lisa Lillibridge captured the beautiful, blue-sky day with these stunning photographs! Thank you so much!
Ira Shadis captured video of the Tree Planting Day (coming soon).
Thank to our Special Guests for joining us to plant trees:
• Burlington City Councilor Ali Dieng
• Burlington Mayor’s Chief of Staff, Jordan Redell
• Burlington Park Commissioner Nancy Kaplan
• Burlington Parks, Recreation, and Waterfront Director Cindi Wight
Native Tree Species planted:
• Black Willow
• Red Maple
• Grey Birch
Native Shrub Species planted:
• Silky Dogwood
• Red Osier Dogwood
• Shrub Willow
• Highbush Cranberry
• Arrowwood Viburnum